I joke, but this actually is an award that bloggers give to other bloggers so I'm touched that someone likes my little blog enough to nominate me. I suddenly feel like Sally Field, "They like me! They really like me!". Apparently there are some rules to accepting this award:
1. You must thank the blogger who has nominated you for the award.
2. You must list the rules.
3. You must add 7 facts about yourself.
4. You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. You must display the award logo, and if you can, follow the blogger who nominated you.
First off, thank you Jessie. OK number two-- l've listed the rules, so that's done. Next, here are seven facts about me:
- When I was little I told my sister that cement mixers are actually "bean trucks". You know, trucks filled with beans. For the hungry construction workers. My sister imagined the beans spinning around and around in the drum (so they wouldn't stick together). Apparently she believed this lie for a long time. My whole family calls them "bean trucks" now. The next time you see a cement mixer you will think of this. Sorry.
- I love to read. It is my favorite hobby. It's almost an illness. If I don't have a book on hand ready to be read I feel quite bereft. Have you heard that some women (and probably men too) will buy clothes and then hide them in their closet so that their spouse won't know how money much they've spent? I've done the same thing with books. Gone to the bookstore at lunchtime, bought some books and stuck them into the ever present book pile next to my bed. I'm not proud of this.
- According to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator I'm an INFJ. This is the rarest type, occurring in about 1% of the population. I have a teacher-friend who is an INFJ and she says that we are the weirdos out of the sixteen types. I'm OK with that. I like being an INFJ. The rest of the world is not always so kind though.
- On the outside I look like a typical white middle-class, middle-aged suburban mom. But on the inside I have the sense of humor of an obnoxious twelve-year old boy.
- I am an embarrassingly terrible parallel parker. If I have to pass a parallel parking test in order to get into heaven (or Shangri-La or Valhalla or wherever) then I am screwed.
- Speaking of cars, I was in a horrific car accident in 1992 in Mount Vernon, Illinois. My car flipped end-over-end down an embankment off of I-64. My seatbelt saved my life. Always wear your seatbelt, OK? I am living proof that they save lives. No humor here. I just want everyone to be safe.
- My version of hell would be setting one-inch square mosaic tiles for all eternity. A few years ago I toured a bunch of the fabulous mansions in Newport, RI and at one house (I think the Breakers) there was an outdoor room completely covered in mosaic tile. The thought of all that intricate work just about gave me a panic attack. Here's a small portion of the ceiling at the Breakers:
In any case, here are some creative and funny bloggers who are worth a bit of your time:
All of the blogs I've listed with the exception of the last would be categorized as humor. The last one is the blog of a friend of mine. She makes incredible miniature works of art. I am in awe of her talent. She's actually really funny too but the theme of her blog is not humor. Still very cool though.